Sunday 16 September 2012

Coming Out

So it's been about four and a half months since I came out. This poem is really personal yet I hope it still resonates with you. This is me sharing a little piece of my heart. I hope you enjoy.


Coming Out 

Have to try
Start to cry
Constantly living my life as a lie

Fearing rejection
Deepest dejection
No longer the child who they view as perfection

Closest relations
Crushed expectations
Death knell to hopes of wedding invitations

Love me?
Shove me?
Never heard of me?
 
Go burn in hell
Go rot in a cell
You ne’er-do-well

Searching for signs of dismay
Thoughts in disarray
Hardest four words to say
Mum, dad I’m gay
“Hush dear, we know. It’s okay.”

1 comment:

  1. I've been trying to think of what to say, but nothing seems quite right.

    This is a perfect poem. It's deep and personal and touching. It's inspiring and gives me courage. Thank you for this poem, Octa.

    *hugs* That's the best way I could put it.

    ReplyDelete