Friday 3 December 2010

Kallista's Feast

Welcome to my blog which apparently does exist. For those of you who follow Derek Landy Blogs Under Duress (an amazing blog) I am posting my poems about you.

The first one is called Kallista's Feast. Kallista, you were the one who started this all and I'm honoured you like it so much.

Kallista’s Feast

A goddess amongst human kind
With skin as pale as snow
Whose eyes of ice stared harshly down
At all that lay below

Her aura was of lavender
Its shine lit up the night
Kallista hair of silken gold
Outraced the birds in flight

Yet Kallista, The Silver Queen
She ate the fruit of Goblin Men
And sickened lay there gasping
In a frosty forest glen

She dined on sticky golden blood
On scarlet roses crushed in mud
She drank the tears of a million slaves
And powdered bones from hallowed graves

Yet none of these would cure the pain
The Goblin Men had wrought
And slowly Kallista did pale
And sat there lost in thought

Until at last she built a pyre
Set herself alight
And as the smoke and flame rose higher
Her silent screams did feed the fire

Suddenly the flames did die
The dust and ash obscured the sky
Kallista joined the Doves of War
And wandered night’s plutonian shore




2 comments:

  1. Oh that's WONDERFUL!!!!
    Truly AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!

    So pretty... And so sad...
    Poor Kallista...

    BUT IT'S SO AWESOME!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my love! *hugs tightly* I don't know if you'll see this reply but of course I can write you another poem. I don't know when (hopefully sometime today if possible). I wrote that poem after knowing you for what two days?

    So I shall write you another poem. I hope you'll love it :)

    ReplyDelete