Sunday 15 April 2012

Afraid

So much pressure. So much stress. Everybody has an outlet. Poetry is mine. Listen to my scream.


Afraid

I am afraid.
I do not know where to turn.
I want to run. I want to hide.
But not here.

Not in these dark and dusty tunnels
In this scary labyrinth of a mind
I want to flee
Flee from the oncoming depression
But I do not know how.

I want to hide.
To hide from the truth.
The terrible truth.
It terrifies me.
And so I built a fortress of lies.
To comfort me.
But now the lies are blurring.
I cannot remember which are lies and which are real.
Perhaps this itself is a lie.
The clarity is all too real.
But I do not want to look
I am scared of what I may see there.

Help me.
Please help me.
I am so very lost.
I do not know what to do.

I just want to be safe.
To curl up and be comforted.
But I don’t know who to trust.
I try to be brave.
But inside I am screaming.

I am too scared to cry.
I am too scared to think.
I cannot remember who I am.
I do not want to be alone.
But I tremble at being together.
I am buckling under the pressure
Soon I will snap.
I will crash, break and burn.
Perhaps then I will forget.
But for now I am small, lonely and frightened
A shadow of a ghost.
Who hesitates at love.

Help me.
Please help me.
Show me how to scream.


No comments:

Post a Comment