Thursday 19 January 2012

Our Little Infinity

As requested my love here is another poem for you. Very heavily inspired by The Fault In Our Stars. Although no plot points are spoilt I do use several of the many inspirational ideas that TFIOS expresses. So if you don't want those ideas spoilt then DO NOT READ THIS POEM. For those who do however please enjoy!

Our Little Infinity

As I stare into your eyes
Which are so beautiful, large and wise
I fall through an endless stream of stars
And I’m ever so grateful this life is ours

For though you may not realise
You are so busy being you
That you have no idea
 How utterly unprecedented you are
The way you care for every soul
The praise and love that you extol
Your random acts both kind and mirthful
The crooked smile upon your face
Your charming laugh, ecstatic heart
Your delightful eccentricity
The way you mean so much to me

For even though love is a shout into the void
One day we’ll both return to dust
The sun will swell and burn the Earth
And all will be destroyed
Yet even though our little lives are only temporary
Your love has turned the numbered days into an infinity

Kallista Pendragon
The Thief in Black
Your physical presence
I woefully lack
Yet our words and our love and our spirits so strong
In our hearts we’re together, we’ll always belong.

May we dance by the light of an oblique moon
And watch the pale  petals rain
And taste the effervescent tang
Of lips entwined arcane

You call me the Purple Poet
The one who you gave your heart
The soul that brings you bliss and joy
The one whom you loved from the start
Yet some infinities are bigger than other infinities
And the love that we have and enthral
Is the biggest infinity of all

I hate the hurt that you endure
It cleaves my heart in twain
The thing about pain it demands to be felt
And its memories remain

Yet when your life is full of joy
And hope and ecstasy
Your happiness makes my life bliss
For you mean so much to me

And who are we as friends and lovers
Observing the elegance of the universe
To tell it that our sight is only fleeting?
For the universe it makes us
And later on it takes us
But in all the majesty of creation
It brought us two together
A splendid and opportune, always treasured meeting.

There’s a door in my heart and a cupboard in my brain
With an imperial affliction that I struggle to restrain
The thought that I might lose you
The thought I cause you pain
The thought that I have failed you
Left abandoned in the rain

And when you suffered great despair
The moment when you fall
When life just overwhelmed you
And I could do nothing at all

And the feeling when we parted
The raw anguish in my heart
The tears that cascade down my face
The agony of a new start

The moment of shock when you said you were gone
The realisation you’d flown
The constant ache where you were missing
The terrible reality of being alone

You didn’t leave because of me
But because you were ashamed
You felt that you were a grenade
That you would explode and disgust me
Despair and despise and disappoint me
But I am a fool for love and a fool for you
You’re not a grenade you’re a person too

Yet it doesn’t matter that you fall
We comfort each other together
But the fact that you got up again
Is why I’ll admire you forever

The elation when we were reunited
The constant affirming you’re there
The many declarations of our love for each other
The reassurance we both truly care

For I want to leave a legacy
A harmless fading scar
In the uncreated spaces
To live on in your heart

The choices that I make
The fault in our stars
I’m happy with my choices
I hope that you’re happy with ours

The sluttiness of time pervades
And oblivion will call
But we’ll face it as one
And chase it immortal

My faith was never stronger
And never more devout
As long as I am with you
This star will not go out

I’ll love you ‘til my final breath
I’ll never stop trying
Even though endeavour
Is a side effect of dying

I’m glad that my numbered set
Is as long as it will be
But I cannot help but wish it
Extended to infinity

For you are the one to take my breath away
You are the one to capture my gaze
You are the one who gave me a forever
Within the numbered days

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant, Octaboona. I know I say "brilliant" a lot, but you see how I used your full name? It's because I am completely in awe right now. I just finished TFiOS the other day, and I was in tears. To see you take those wonderful ideas and weave them into this lovely poem for our dear Kal is fantastic.

    *double thumbs up*

    *triple thumbs up*

    *lots more thumbs up*

    ReplyDelete