Tuesday 2 October 2012

Oh The Places You'll Go

Books are so amazing. Hope you enjoy the poem.


Oh The Places You’ll Go

I read my way through stories
Which saturate my soul
And I long that I could be there
Through those magic lands I’d stroll

I’d love to see the Isle of Berk
In the Barbaric Archipelago
Where Vikings sang and dragons flew
Through skies I’m sure I’d know

Or Hogwarts Castle shining bright
Against the backdrop of the night
And stare up at lake sodden stars
And point at light blue flying cars

Or walk along the great stone Wall
With talking cats and living Dead
Whilst 1920s England doth reside
Upon the other side

Through Ancient Rome
With kid detectives
Or the ruins of London
With zombies infective

Great cities trundle
Through muddy wastes
Pursued by a girl with
A ruined face

Twelve year old genius
Almost starts a war
With the race of fairies
Beneath the floor

Seven demesnes
Seven Trustees
Combined form the House
Ruled with seven keys

A million fictions
I long to explore
When I no longer watch
But step through a door

2 comments:

  1. Well I can give you a list of all the books I mention.

    How To Train Your Dragon by Cressida Cowell (can't remember name of the series but there are 10 others).

    Harry Potter xD

    The Old Kingdom Series by Garth Nix

    Roman Mysteries by Caroline Lawrence
    The Enemy by Charlie Higson (also a series whose title I forget)

    Mortal Engines by Philip Reeve

    Atermis Fowl by Eoin Colfer

    The Keys to the Kingdom by Garth Nix

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! This poem! This poem is everything!!!!

    Books are more than books. They are reflections of our lives and what was and what could be and what maybe is! They are whole other worlds that you can go to whenever, where ever.

    I love this poem so much!

    ReplyDelete